Saturday, August 1, 2009

Kuala Lumpur?

Whilst whiling away the hours in my forced sedation, the city of Kuala Lumpur kept coming up in my dreams. To answer the obvious, I have never been there or even to that hemisphere yet the city was prominent and recurring in my dreams.

After waking I asked my wife a few questions about what was "real" and what was not. Questions like "are we in Kuala Lumpur?", "did I get arrested in Kuala Lumpur for running stolen boats?" Was I at a rehab facility in Kuala Lumpur where I wass recouping from my injuries?" "Why was I in Kuala Lumpur with family members and what were they eating on the beach?" Was I stuck in an Italian restaurant in , you guessed it, Kuala Lumpur, waiting for the owners to finish up their wine ????"""

All of this was dream but I did not understand the reason for the common thread of Kuala Lumpur. When I was finally moved to the tele floor, I recognized my nurse's name since she had been my nurse on previous occasions. My wife happened to ask her where she was from since her name was so unusual. Hold onto your hat…. She grew up in Malaysia, where one would find Kuala Lumpur. I got a chill that lasted the next couple days….

Be good to each other,
JJ

1 comment: