Monday, April 6, 2009

Keep Living!!!!!!!!!

I got a call from my brother the other night. He and his wife recently added a son to their family. They live in the Midwest and here I sit in Salt Lake awaiting my transplant. I am not allowed to travel as a result. To my surprise, my wife and I were asked to be the godparents for this newest addition. The first thought to cross my mind is that I cannot be there to attend the baptism because of this situation. I immediately counted myself out due to the limited travel and my physical condition. Was I ever wrong. My brother proceeded to tell me that they would come here to have the baptism. What a fantastic idea!! My wife and I are honored and so excited about the upcoming events.

This got me to thinking about the whole transplant process. I have been listed for almost 3 years now and have missed my share of functions and family gatherings, the birth of my new nephew among them. That does not mean I have to count myself out. I can still retain my relationships with out of town family and friends and share in their lives as well as start and foster new relationships along the way. This transplant journey may be a detour from my original path but it is NOT a stop sign unless I let it be. Keep Living!!!

Be good to each other.

JJ

2 comments:

  1. So Cool!!!! Let us know when and maybe we can come down and be in the audience :) - hope to see you soon ---Deven and Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a party with my girlfriends the night before I was moving to Utah for whatever time period I would need. My friends asked me if I had any idea when I would get it. I started the required you never know when my sister said I think it will be in the fall. I then said and I think my family will already be there for a vist.

    Well, the first week of Sept my Mom and sis were coming for Peach Days in Brig City (which is where I was staying). I didn't get it exactly right. I got my transplant two days before they were coming!

    It is very strange how things work out. I'll be going to my next appt in May. Hopefully I will be there the same week as the group meeting so I can come!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete