Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just a heart transplant

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!! The liver findings were excellent. The hepatologist has granted me a clean bill of health regarding my liver. No indications of portal hypertension or cardiac cirhosis. This IS great news for all concerned. My wife and I were discussing the meaning of these findings and a phrase caught my attention. "At least we just have a heart transplant to worry about." This is one of those sentences you would never have imagined hearing or saying, yet it was completely appropriate. Still it strikes me as funny and makes me think of contemporary paralels. At least we only got 41 inches of snow, at least gas prices have come down, at least I am not the only one who lost my retirement fund...add personal reference here...
Now we will go back to the original plan of replacing my defibrulator and adding a lead for atrial pacing. This should allow the Drs to increase my heart rate and hopefully increase my energy levels. We will probably get that scheduled before the end of April and I am hopeful that we are on a winning streak. More good news and a successful outcome will be welcome.
More to come...
Be good to each other,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment